“Never be afraid to raise your voice for honesty and truth and compassion against injustice and lying and greed. If people all over the world would do this, it would change the earth.”
– William Faulkner
Your Justice Is Our Priority
Regina Sarkis is a Labor & Employment Law attorney in Rochester, New York. She primarily handles matters in Monroe County, Ontario, Yates, Wayne, Livingston, Genesee, Onondaga, and Cayuga County but can serve individuals and businesses throughout Western New York and the Fingerlakes Region. Regina has experience with cases ranging from breach of contract to employment discrimination, wrongful termination, unpaid wages, bonuses, commissions, or overtime. Regina assists clients with negotiating severance agreements, and she drafts contracts, service agreements, employee agreements, and employee handbook policies. Regina is the kind of attorney you want to have on your side, whether you are a small business owner, a human resources manager, or an individual in need of legal assistance. She became an attorney to speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves. This means that her clients come from all walks of life and all levels of the corporate ladder. Regina’s well-rounded background in business and her legal experience provide her with the skills to objectively view a case from all perspectives and secure the best outcome for her clients.
Primary Practice Areas
- Litigation, Arbitration, Mediation
- School Law; Education Discrimination; Bullying
- Dignity For All Students Act (DASA)
- Breach of Contract Litigation
- Contract, Residential, and Commercial Lease Drafting and Negotiations
- Evictions for the Landlord
- Small Claims Court
- Draft Service Agreements
- Small Business Consultant
- Human Resources Audit and Compliance
- Labor Law: Collective Bargaining Agreement Negotiations, Grievances, and Unfair Labor Practices
- National Labor Relations Board Proceedings (NLRB)
- Employment Discrimination, Sexual Harassment
- Wrongful Termination, Retaliation
- EEOC and Division of Human Rights Investigations
- Title VII, Title IX, ADA, ADEA
- Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment; Teacher’s Rights
- Paid Family Leave (PFL) and Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Employment Contracts and Independent Contractor Agreements
- Fair Labor Standards Act, Wage & Hour Compliance and Unpaid Overtime Claims
- Employee Handbook Policies
- Employee Hiring, Firing and Discipline
- Employee Benefits Compliance, ERISA, COBRA, and HIPAA
Need A Consultant?
Regina Sarkis brings more to the table than just legal knowledge for her clients. As a business consultant, she anticipates the potential legal ramifications of each individual issue brought before her.
To assist you with your legal matters, please call or email us to schedule a phone consultation in order to discuss the background of your case and evaluate all relevant issues. Consultations can also be scheduled to answer legal questions you may have.
From Our Clients
Prior results do not guarantee similar outcomes.
“I have been handling complex workers compensation claims for nearly three decades and have never teamed with a more professional attorney as Regina. Her expertise in all levels have saved the companies I work for a substantial amount of money thru her fraud pursuit, and detailed trial litigations. There is nobody I would want more than Regina handling these files.”
“Regina successfully negotiated my employment contract for me, and found issues with the agreement that I would not have seen without her expertise or involvement. She took the time to help me fully understood the benefits I was entitled to and her input gave me the best outcome possible.”
“I was wrongfully terminated because of my disability and Regina handled my case. She fiercely advocated for my rights and fought for me. I would not want anyone else in my corner.”
“Regina is a delight to work with. Her communication is transparent and direct. She worked actively to remediate the matter at hand and always provided quick responses when she received updated information. I would definitely recommend Regina to future clients and would use her services again in the future if need be.“
Unpaid wage claims are very common amongst employees in New York. All business owners who have employees are expected to keep up with the constant changes in both federal and state wage and hour laws such as minimum wage, the exempt and nonexempt salary threshold,...
Oftentimes, when a child is suffering as a victim of harassment or bullying at school, a parent’s automatic reaction is to attack and seek legal ramifications when possible. However, it is not a simple task to sue a school district for bullying or harassment as each...
Labor Law Section 740 is most commonly referred to as New York’s Whistleblower Law. New York State recently amended its Whistleblower Law to further protect employees from retaliation and make it easier to file claims against employers. The New York State Department...