Get on the path to results today.
Get on the path to results today.
Please do not provide confidential information when filling in any form on this website or by sending an unsolicited email to Law Office of Regina Sarkis, PLLC. If you complete the contact form on the website, you will be asked to provide some personal information (only your e-mail address and name). Any confidential information should be communicated directly to Regina Sarkis either in person or by telephone. Any information or content transmitted via this website or other electronic means may not be subject to the attorney-client privilege and may not be secure. Links to other websites are not the responsibility of Law Office of Regina Sarkis, PLLC and by no means does she endorse those sites or make any representations regarding the contents of such websites.
The information and content contained in this website for informational purposes only. The review or transmission of the information does not make you a client of Law Office of Regina Sarkis, PLLC, and it does not constitute legal advice. You will become a client of Law Office of Regina Sarkis, PLLC only if and when you sign an engagement agreement setting forth the scope of the legal services to be provided. Moreover, the information in this website may not reflect the most current legal developments. Therefore, you should not act, or refrain from acting, based on the content of this website. Law Office of Regina Sarkis, PLLC is not liable for any actions taken, or failed to be taken, by you based on this website. Always seek legal or professional advice.
Any client testimonials or biography on this website describe past matters handled by Regina Sarkis, and do not guarantee the same or similar results. These descriptions are meant only to provide information to the public pertaining to her legal experience. The outcome of a particular matter depends on a variety of factors such as the facts and legal circumstances, the ability of opposing counsel, and unexpected developments that are beyond the control of the client or Law Office of Regina Sarkis, PLLC.
You will be asked to provide some personal information (such as e-mail address, name, phone number and state) if you fill out the contact form on this website. Please do not submit any confidential, proprietary, or sensitive personally identifiable information (i.e., Social Security Number; date of birth; bank account or other financial information). If you submit any Sensitive Information, you do so at your own risk and Law Office of Regina Sarkis, PLLC will not be liable to you or responsible for consequences of your submission. Information that you provide to us through the contact form will be used to respond to your inquiry or to communicate with you in the future if needed or agreed to. You may opt out of any future contact at any time from Law Office of Regina Sarkis, PLLC, and request confirmation of any data we have from you, correct, or change such data, or delete it altogether.
Section 1210.1 of the Joint Rules of the Appellate Division amended June 1, 2018 (22 NYCRR §1210.1)
1. You are entitled to be treated with courtesy and consideration at all times by your lawyer and the other lawyers and nonlawyer personnel in your lawyer’s office.
2. You are entitled to have your attorney handle your legal matter competently and diligently, in accordance with the highest standards of the profession. If you are not satisfied with how your matter is being handled, you have the right to discharge your attorney and terminate the attorney-client relationship at any time. (Court approval may be required in some matters, and your attorney may have a claim against you for the value of services rendered to you up to the point of discharge.)
3. You are entitled to your lawyer's independent professional judgment and undivided loyalty uncompromised by conflicts of interest.
4. You are entitled to be charged reasonable fees and expenses and to have your lawyer explain before or within a reasonable time after commencement of the representation how the fees and expenses will be computed and the manner and frequency of billing. You are entitled to request and receive a written itemized bill from your attorney at reasonable intervals. You may refuse to enter into any arrangement for fees and expenses that you find unsatisfactory. In the event of a fee dispute, you may have the right to seek arbitration; your attorney will provide you with the necessary information regarding arbitration in the event of a fee dispute, or upon your request.
5. You are entitled to have your questions and concerns addressed promptly and to receive a prompt reply to your letters, telephone calls, emails, faxes, and other communications.
6. You are entitled to be kept reasonably informed as to the status of your matter and are entitled to have your attorney promptly comply with your reasonable requests for information, including your requests for copies of papers relevant to the matter. You are entitled to sufficient information to allow you to participate meaningfully in the development of your matter and make informed decisions regarding the representation.
7. You are entitled to have your legitimate objectives respected by your attorney. In particular, the decision of whether to settle your matter is yours and not your lawyer’s. (Court approval of a settlement is required in some matters.)
8. You have the right to privacy in your communications with your lawyer and to have your confidential information preserved by your lawyer to the extent required by law.
9. You are entitled to have your attorney conduct himself or herself ethically in accordance with the New York Rules of Professional Conduct.
10. You may not be refused representation on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or disability.
(Informational Statement Adopted by the New York State Bar Association)
1. The client is expected to treat the lawyer and the lawyer's staff with courtesy and consideration.
2. The client's relationship with the lawyer should be one of complete candor and the client should apprise the lawyer of all facts or circumstances of the matter being handled by the lawyer even if the client believes that those facts may be detrimental to the client's cause or unflattering to the client.
3. The client must honor the fee arrangement as agreed to with the lawyer to the extent required by law.
4. All bills tendered to the client for services rendered pursuant to the agreed upon arrangement regarding fees and expenses should be paid when due.
5. A client who discharges the attorney and terminates the attorney-client relationship must nevertheless honor financial commitments under the agreed to arrangement regarding fees and expenses to the extent required by law.
6. Although the client should expect that his or her letters, telephone calls, emails, faxes, and other communications to the lawyer will be answered within a reasonable time, the client should recognize that the lawyer has other clients who may be equally deserving of the lawyer's time and attention.
7. The client should maintain contact with the lawyer, promptly notify the lawyer of any change in telephone number, address, email, or other electronic contact information, and respond promptly to a request by the lawyer for information and cooperation.
8. The client must realize that the lawyer is required to respect only legitimate objectives of the client and that the lawyer will not advocate or propose positions that are unprofessional or contrary to law or the New York Rules of Professional Conduct.
9. The lawyer may decline to accept a matter if the lawyer has previous personal or professional commitments that will prohibit the lawyer from devoting adequate time to representing the client competently and diligently.
10. A lawyer is under no obligation to accept a client if the lawyer determines that the cause of the client is without merit, a conflict of interest would exist or a suitable working relationship with the client is not likely.
Copyright © 2021 by Law Office of Regina Sarkis, PLLC. Attorney Advertising. All rights reserved. You may only download and print out any part of this website for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other reproduction, distribution, or transmission of the contents of this website without the prior written consent of Regina Sarkis is strictly prohibited.